Lt Gen Ishfaq Nadeem Ahmed, HI(M), is most likely to be appointed as new Army Chief
ISLAMABAD ( BMZ REPORT )
- Lt Gen Ishfaq Nadeem Ahmed, HI(M), Commander, Corps, Multan. is most likely to be appointed as new Army Chief in place of COAS Gen. Raheel Sharif, who is scheduled to retire on Nov 29, 2016, after completing his tenure as Army Chief.
- Name of New Army Chief is expected to be announced on Nov 22 or 23, a week ahead of the scheduled retirement of COAS Gen. Raheel Sharif.
- Lt-Gen. Ishfaq Nadeem, at present, is at 7th number on seniority-list of Amy Generals in Pakistan Army. After retirement of Gen. Rashad JCSC and Gen. Raheel, COAS, Ishfaq Nadeem stands on 5th place in seniority.
- Army Chief Gen. Raheel Sharif, according to sources, is in favour of appointment of Lt-Gen. Ishfaq Nadeem as new COAS, who is most competent and professional Lt-General at this time. Prime Minister Nawz Sharif has shown inclination to appoint the new Army Chief that is recommended by Gen. Raheel.
- If Ishfaq Nadeem is appointed as new Army Chief, he will supercede four senior-most Lt-Generals _ Lt GenMaqsood Ahmad, HI(M), FF— Military Adviser, Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) at United Nations, New York City, NY, United States. Due to retire on 13 January 2017; Lt Gen Zubair Mahmood Hayat, HI(M), Arty — Chief of General Staff(CGS), GHQ. (Colonel Commandant of the Regiment of Artillery). Due to retire on 13 January 2017; Lt-Gen Syed Wajid Hussain, HI(M), AC— Chairman, Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Taxila. Due to retire on 13 January 2017; Lt-Gen Najib Ullah Khan, HI(M), Engrs— DG Joint Staff (DG JS), JS HQ, Chaklala. (Colonel Commandant of the Corps of Engineers). Due to retire on 13 January 2017.
Pakistan Army, at present, has two full Generals, 29 Lieutenant Generals and around 167 Major Generals. The list is arranged according to the officers’ respective seniority.
This seniority list can help the analysts and observers to guess easily the name of new Chief of Army Staff after retirement of Gen. Raheel Sharif on Nov 29, 2016. At present a number of rumours are being spread about the appointment of the new Army Chief.
All of the names of the generals and their respective posts have been extracted from open sources (i.e., newspapers, television, official websites, ISPR Press Releases, and other governmental data). At this time, here is the seniority-wise list of Pakistan Army Generals.